Rescuing Emme (Attempt #7)

Sunday, August 8, 2010

[2010/07/30 20:37] Nocra Neuman: /me She had only just awoken and had wandered in to the office to say good morning to the Boss. She wasn't surprised to find him dealing with a captive as it was a common sight in their home. Hearing his command she nodded once, raised both arms in a stretching motion and yawned all at once, mimicking the movements almost of a feral creature awakening from a nap. Once she had done so, she felt more alert and able to deal with the man. Stepping closer her eyes wandered freely over him, his chest rising with hills of bronzed muscle inked in tribal markings. It appealed to her as she had always been captivated by flesh art. "Tal.", she stated simply then canted her head to the side and continued, "What is your name tuusie and what is this about a stock pile?"

[2010/07/30 20:40] Orpheus Fairlock: /me watched as the strangely clad woman eyed him, letting her gaze traverse his body brazenly. He moved his head in order to meet her gaze with his own, her feral movements putting a bit of a scare into him, which he tried to shield her from seeing in his eyes. With his best poker face, he began to speak "My name is Orpheus, of the Skerry of Einar. Your people " He assumed it was her people, even though she dressed so completely differently from the others he had seen "Your people have captured me, and are ranting about some fictituous stockpile."

[2010/07/30 20:43] Salila Seoung: /me calls. "Hit the walls kids! Visitors incoming!!"

[2010/07/30 20:44] Ashlee Mendelsohn: /me cups her hands to her mouth "INCOMING" as she quickly shuts the door

[2010/07/30 20:45] Nocra Neuman: /me A spark of understanding flashed in her eyes as he mentioned the name of the land he hailed from, she knew them well enough and also figured out what Josh had meant of a stockpile... "The supplies under the tavern I suspect is what he meant. I saw them with my daughter. We explored your lands not long ago to look for something of mine that was taken by one of yours. Something I still want back." Her eyes narrowed hearing Elenora shouting and releasing a hiss of annoyance she spun away drawing her bow in a fluid motion. "Stay.", she called back over her shoulder and grinned knowing for now at least he didnt have much of a choice in the matter.

[2010/07/30 20:45] Nocra Neuman: /me Closes the door behind her locking it with a key hidden in a pouch on her belt ensuring he would be unable to get out easily.

(Insert a lot of pew pew here. Result Skerry 1= Talon 1 \o/)

[2010/07/30 21:43] Nocra Neuman: /me Returning to her den she moved towards him with a wild grin formed upon her lips. He remained bound to the cross but still she checked his ropes to ensure they had not grown loose somehow. She worked in a methodical fashion taking great care with each knot. Satisfied that he was properly restrained she crouched in front of him and set one foot down atop his knees to make it more difficult for him to kick out his bound feet. "Good battle!", she shouted loudly, her voice slightly mocking as she continued, "Nearly you escaped, yet, your people failed in their mission and you remain here with me. This pleases Nocra."

[2010/07/30 21:48] Orpheus Fairlock: /me looked at her blankly, you could tell that he just did not give a fuck if she was pleased or not. He was livid with her little mocking show, his face turning red, his chest heaving quickly as the anger raged within. He then tugged at the binds she'd attached to him so methodically, trying to be subtle, and hoping she didn't notice. Indeed he was bound completely, no way for him to escape. He took the moment to look at her once again, this strange creature...he was totally baffled why mambas lived among these people. "Why do they tolerate your lot here, woman?" He had rarely seen such strange looking people before, and someone dressed as scantily as her usually bore a collar as well.

[2010/07/30 22:02] Nocra Neuman: /me She settled down on top of his legs keeping them pinned to the cavern moss. It amused her to watch the display of frustration evident upon his features as he struggled to contain the storm brewing inside. "Let it out, scream if you must...be enraged....release it. Should you not, you will be a slave to yourself.", she spoke wisely. Hearing his question she grinned boldly then proceeded to trail her palms across the mural painted into his flesh and spoke, "It is a long story but one I enjoy sharing so I shall tell you tuusie." Her fingertips skimmed lower circling the spirals of intricate design. "I was born of merchant caste but with a birth defect called Aniridia, which makes my eyes black and processes light differently...like that of a nocturnal creature. My parents thought it to be an omen and were traveling to the jungles of schendi when I was only an infant. They had heard there was a man there who might tell them what it may mean. On the way my fathers caravan was attacked and they were slain.
[2010/07/30 22:02] Nocra Neuman: /me "After the battle a tribe of mamba found the bodies...and me, still alive bundled in a basket. The alpha took me in most likely due to my eyes. Mamba are very superstitious beings. When I grew old enough to learn the story of how I came to be among them I decided to travel and find more about where I had come from. I met a man, a pirate...and together we mated. When the child was born he stole her from me and for thirty years I hunted him to find where he had taken my belly fruit. That is when I found the Black Talon. By then she was grown and companioned to one of the elders here. Yet, they welcome me due to my blood to her. And here I have stayed since with those so different yet so alike to me. I walk the boundary between two worlds. I am a mamba but know of your customs." With that she fell silent and leaned back slightly to await his reply.

[2010/07/30 22:08] Orpheus Fairlock: /me watched as she talked. And talked. And talked some more. And still she talked. He nodded politely at all the appropriate times, even managed a bit of a smile, as he pictured the happenings that she was narrating for him. His arms were a bit sore, and he had wounds of various types across his body, from all the savage fighting in which he had found himself in. Still he felt his ass pulse with pain where Hanna, the one captured with him now, had stabbed him only moments before Black Talon had raided for some reason. He hoped that Nocra would not ask him about the stupid stockpile like they had been before, it seemed they had their own stockpile to worry about down here. Finally, as his mind finished its wandering, her story was complete. It still did not explain why her presence was tolerated here, she had skirted that issue rather neatly still. But he didn't care that much about such things anyway, she had him in a tight bind now and the last thing he wanted to do was piss her off. He sighed, then pushed his weight back into the cross, letting it support him there. "So then, what is my fate now?" he asked of her. It really did NOT look good.

[2010/07/30 22:15] Nocra Neuman: /me She had no intention to harm him, unless he provoked such an act which thus far he hadn't. Despite her primitive nature, she held a few core beliefs....first, do not eat the weak for to do so is to inherent weakness....second, do not eat what you have not struck down with your own hand for that too is weakness. He was not a woman or slave so clearly he was not weak, but he had not fallen to her own hands and so unless he acted extremely foolish, he would be safe for the time being. She did not ask of the stockpile considering she already knew where it lay and how to get into it and unless they had moved its location she was certain she could find it for the Talon Boss again. Instead her interest lay elsewhere. "A hand ago a man of your lands came here and stole from me. He was a beastly man, with a long beard and tall.", she described Din as best as she could recall hoping he might know whom she spoke of. "I want back what he took from me. I have gone into your lands many times in search of it."

[2010/07/30 22:18] Orpheus Fairlock: /me looked at her, she described the man as best she could, he was sure, but that was nearly quarter of the men in the North. He hoped she didn't want him to instantly know who the hell it was she was talking about, because he didn't. Still, she seemed to be speaking cryptically, withholding information, and he was a curious sort, in fact his curiosity had gotten him into many many situations. To satisfy himself he asked her "And what was it that this mysterious man stole from you?"

[2010/07/30 22:23] Nocra Neuman: /me She adjusted her rump where his knee was jutting up into and crouched a bit to the side of his legs to relieve the strain from his thighs a bit. "I tracked him to the lands of Skerry, he lived in a large house on a cliff. On top of his home is a great statue of a woman with the wings of a bird.", she explained a bit more, "It was an item of great value to me. Something I have kept with me, treasured and protected for far too long for memory to recall." She reached then into a pouch and produced in her palm the head of a small doll, so old and worn that its painted features had long since faded and the stitches as thin as a strand of hair. "This is all he left of it with me...he took the rest and stuffed it into his belt to taunt me. I will do anything to retrieve it. Tell me the best way to get back my possession from him and perhaps you will live to tell this tale of how you once met a mamba queen and lived."

[2010/07/30 22:28] Orpheus Fairlock: A look of revelation passed over his face as she clearly now spoke of Din. A brief "Ah hah!" graced his lips, but died there before he uttered irt. But the look of recognition on his face would be unmistakable, there was no way that she would have missed it. He was never good at hiding his thoughts, they danced upon his face as clearly as the bawdiest kajirae dancing in the filthiest of taverns. He shrugged, though bound, and pierced her directly with his gaze. "Why, you speak of our High Jarl, of course" he wasn't really revealing much, since she had already tracked him to his home. "I don't know why he would steal your doll, and, more importantly, I have absolutely no idea how to wrest if from his grasp." He thought to himself that it was rather odd that a grown man would steal a doll, what fetish would have motivated such a thing. And because of this, it might be well-nigh impossible to part the man from his doll.

[2010/07/30 22:34] Nocra Neuman: /me "You shall not leave until you have given me a possible plan to retrieve it. So here you shall sit until you can think of something. I've exhausted every plan I can think of. Five times now I have ventured to the lands of Skerry to seek it. I've crept among your people, hunted each inch of every home and even stole something of his I thought he might value enough to trade what is mine back to me. An old helm of what seemed to be of value was found in his home, I have it hidden still. I even left the mark of the Black Talon in its place so that he would know who had taken it. But yet he did not come. So that leave me to assume he did not value it or he fears me.", she grinned darkly and tapped the side of his head leaning forward a bit, "So think well, you give me a better plan and perhaps you shall be released. If you value life I suggest you help me with my mission." She knew now it was up to him, the debate he must make between valuing his own life or betraying his high Jarl.

[2010/07/30 22:37] Orpheus Fairlock: /me sighed "Maybe he does not realize what is going on...perhaps if I were to tell him that you had that helm, that you were looking for your errm...doll torso...then he might take it upon himself to come trade for it with you...but, if he is a serious doll collector, all bets are off."

[2010/07/30 22:37] Nocra Neuman: /me Curses venomously hearing Jesses muffled call and the ring of the alarm bell and jolts to her feet drawing her weapon as she did.

(Insert MORE pew pew here... Result Skerry 2 = Talon 1 boo!)

0 comments: